Garden and indoor ponds are alluring because they provide a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere. There's nothing better than the sight and sound of water in your own garden........ or why not bring nature indoors!
A well designed pond will turn your outdoor or living space into a vacation-like retreat, where you can get away from the busy world. With a pond, you'll be able to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature including unique plants, running water and even some Koi fish.
It's important that the design and construction of a garden pond are done right. Due to lack of knowledge, homeowners often end up with a sloppy eyesore rather than a beautiful and relaxing water feature. This collection of pointers and ideas will help you get things right for your own pond and provide design tips. Familiarize yourself with the basics of pond placement and construction so that when you hire a professional Company (we undertake the full concept, from intial ideas, full CAD design to completion and maintenance) we'll be able to work together to create an incredible pond feature.....Your 'Gardener' can promise this and more at half the cost........But, an old phrase to stand by in life.....'Let The Buyer Beware!'
- The main factors to consider when determining where to locate your pond, including the view from your house or interior structure, sunlight exposure, and access to electricity and water.
- How to calculate the volume of water a pond will hold based on its depth and size.
- Why a larger pond, with a higher volume of water, will be easier to maintain than a small pond.
- The average price ranges for ponds, based on their size.
- The main factors that will impact the final price of your pond.
- Design and maintenance tips for koi ponds, including size requirements, filtration, aeration, and water quality.
- Using the R.I.S.E. method (random, irregular, spontaneous and erratic) when designing a water garden pond, to ensure the most natural appearance.
- Ideas for contemporary pond designs, which are often characterized by straight lines, right angles simple materials and floating stepping stones.
- The best locations for formal pond styles and the most popular formal pond shapes and design features.
- Ideas for integrating a waterfall into your ‘pondscape’ to provide sound and movement.
- The most important factors to consider when designing a waterfall, such as keeping it in scale with the size of the pond and building it on a slope to achieve a more natural look.
- Tips for growing aquatic pond plants that will help keep your pond in ecological balance without chemicals or expensive equipment.
- The various types of aquatic pond plants and the role each one plays in pond design.
- Ideas for lighting a garden pond to create dramatic effects, highlight certain features of a pond, and ensure safety.
- How to use underwater lighting in a pond to highlight fountains, sculptures and other special features.
Before installing a pond, it's important to remember that no pond will be maintenance free. However, up-keep can be minimized with good design and construction. An old phrase from the history of my home country (Scotland) has stood the test of time.....'Buy Cheap....Buy Dear'!....In other words, buy something 'on the cheap'.....meaning, longterm it will cost a lot more than the higher quality product and workmanship you first rejected!